SUSAN ADDISON (trombone tenor, trombone alto, sackbut) »
Orchestral bookings (since March 2011)
- New London Orchestra
- English National Opera Orchestra
- Academy of Ancient Music
- Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment
- London Chamber Orchestra
- Orchestra of St John's
- Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment Education
The recital button is inactive
The Repertoire button is inactive.
The Review button is inactive.
The discography button is inactive.
The Outreach button is inactive.
The Photo gallery button is inactive.
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal College of Music
- Royal Northern College of Music
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama
After four and a half years as a member of the CBSO, Sue returned to London and directed much of her efforts into the research of the music and instruments of the 14th to 18th Centuries. Sue is now one of Europe's leading exponent of the early trombone in its many forms.
As an orchestral and chamber musician Sue works with all the leading early music ensembles and orchestras, including the Academy of Ancient Music, Age of Enlightenment, English Classical Players, Ex Cathedra, Gabrieli Consort, His Majesties Sackbuts & Cornetts, Orchestra of the 18th Century, Parley of Instruments, the King's Consort and the Orchestra of the Eighteenth Century (based in Amsterdam).
Sue is also a busy teacher and has posts at the Royal Academy of Music, the Royal College of Music, the Royal Northern College of Music and the Guildhall School of Music & Drama.
An important aspect of her teaching work is the development of different education projects, including one that explores the theatrical potential of musical battle sequences written in the 16th and 17th centuries, with students at the Royal Academy of Music.
PROFESSIONAL WORK (recent)
- Orchestras: New London Orchestra.
- Orchestras (Opera/Ballet): English National Opera Orchestra.
- Orchestras (Baroque/Classical): Academy of Ancient Music, Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment.
- Chamber Orchestras: London Chamber Orchestra, Orchestra of St John's, Scottish Chamber Orchestra.
- Education Work: Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment Education.
Susan's orchestral work also includes the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra (member for 4 years), the King's Consort and the Orchestra of the Eighteenth Century (based in Amsterdam).
Graduate studiesthe Royal College of Music.
Susan was born in Louth 1955.
Schools attendedMonksdyke High School, Louth.
TeachersArthur Wilson and John Iveson.
SUSAN'S WEB LINKSwww.morgensternsdiaryservice.com/Sue.Addison/index.shtml
Susan joined Morgensterns in September 1992
Susan's web profile was last updated 9th Mar 2014