DOMINIC FIELD (trumpet, trumpet natural) »
Orchestral bookings (since September 2011)
- Watford Philharmonic
- Aurelian Ensemble
- English Symphony Orchestra
- New London Sinfonia
The recital button is inactive
The Repertoire button is inactive.
The Review button is inactive.
The discography button is inactive.
The Outreach button is inactive.
The Photo gallery button is inactive.
The Teaching button is inactive.
Dominic is principal trumpet with the Heritage Brass Quintet and also plays the Natural Trumpet and the Keyed Trumpet.
Dominic was Acting Head of Wind, Brass and Percussion at London College of Music, January - March 2000.
PROFESSIONAL WORK (recent)
- Orchestras: Watford Philharmonic.
- Chamber Orchestras: Aurelian Ensemble, English Symphony Orchestra, New London Sinfonia.
Dominic's orchestral work also includes New English Concert Orchestra, JLM Artists, BBC Symphony Orchestra, the Pacific Music Festival (Japan) with members of London Symphony Orchestra, Vienna Philharmonic and Berlin Philharmonic Orchestras, London Philharmonic Youth Orchestra, Young Musicians Symphony Orchestra and Forest Philharmonic. Dominic has done commercial work for Channel 4 Television and has played in Crazy for You, Eugene Onegin, Il Trovatore, Carmen and Nabucco.
Graduate studiesLondon College of Music (First Class GLCM Hons,1994-1997, M Mus 1997 - 1999)
Dominic was born in 1976.
Schools attendedChasetown High School (1990-94)
Prizes and Awards
- British Reserve Brass Prize 1996
- Nigel Clarke for Contemporary Music 1997
- Director's Award for Contribution to College Life 1997
- David Campbell Music Prize (Heritage Brass Quintet, 1997)
- Michael Regan Chamber Music Prize (Heritage Brass Quintet, 1997)
TeachersNicholas Thompson and William Houghton
Dominic joined Morgensterns in October 1999
Dominic's web profile was last updated 20th Sep 2014