DOV GOLDBERG (clarinet, clarinet bass, clarinet eflat) »
Orchestral bookings (since April 2010)
- BBC Philharmonic Orchestra
- BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
- London Concert Orchestra
- London Philharmonic Orchestra
- Manchester Concert Orchestra
- Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
- Opera North Orchestra
- Galliard Ensemble
- Haffner Wind Ensemble
The recital button is inactive
The Repertoire button is inactive.
The Review button is inactive.
- Payne Chamber Works (NMCd056)
- Jane Manning (NMCd025)
- Eight Songs for a Mad King (psacd1001)
- Fantastic Islands (bml 026)
- Ride rides (ommcd 017)
- Elizabeth Lutyens (NMC d011)
- Fast Colours (msvcd92038)
- Margaret Lucy Wilkins (vmm 3055)
- Mr Emmet Takes A Walk, Payne Chamber Works vol. 2 and Kathryn Tickell album
- PSA CD 1002
- PSA CD 1001
- BML 026
- MetronomB 0000243WZ
- Metier B0009S3HWG
With Jane's Minstrels
- ELISABETH LUTYENS: Chamber music and vocal works. NMC D O11
- JANE MANNING. Works for voice and ensemble by Bauld, Connolly, Elias, Gilbert, Nash, Payne, Weir . NMC D O25.
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A MAYFLY (The Chamber Music of Anthony Payne). NMC D O56.
- THE STONES AND LONELY PLACES SING (The Chamber Music of Anthony Payne). NMC D 130
- MY OWN COUNTRY - Songs and Music by Quilter, Warlock, Bridge and Smyth. Meridian CDE 84583
With Kathryn Tickell
- Park Records PRKCD92
The Outreach button is inactive.
The Photo gallery button is inactive.
The Teaching button is inactive.
Dov Goldberg studied at the Royal Northern College of Music with Alan Hacker. On leaving the RNCM in 1988 Dov became a founder member of Jane's Minstrels and subsequently joined the Northern Chamber Orchestra as principal clarinet.
In 1990 Dov made his London Debut at the Queen Elizabeth Hall as part of the Park Lane Group Recital Series and has since made many solo and concerto appearances.
In 1994 Dov was invited to join Psappha by Tim Williams and together they recently premièred and gave the first broadcast of Peter Maxwell Davies' Stedman Doubles (1955) in the original version which had been locked away in the British Library for forty years!
Dov has played Principal Clarinet with BBC Philharmonic, BBC NOW, CBSO, Halle, RPO, RPCO, BBC Scottish, SCO, Northern Sinfonia & Opera North. Dov has also worked with Britten Sinfonia, Scottish Opera, Philharmonia, BBC Symphony, Haffner ensemble & Northern Ballet.
Dov has held positions as 2nd clarinet and bass with the Northern Sinfonia (1994-2004) and Principal clarinet with Northern Ballet. He is also the clarinettist for Psappha and Jane's Minstrels.
Dov has had trials with Opera North (2nd), BBC Philharmonic (Bass), Philharmonia (Bass), BBC Scottish (2nd and Eb), BBC NOW (Principal), SCO (Principal), BBC Symphony (Bass), BBC NOW (Bass), Halle (2nd) and CBSO (2nd).
Other work includes Klezmer, Greek and Balkan playing in Manchester (Library Theatre), Newcastle, London, Weimar, San Francisco and Caracas. Dov was a guest on Kathryn Tickell's latest album and has given masterclasses in Venezuela, Australia, USA and throughout Europe. He has made many chamber and solo recordings with Psappha and Jane's Minstrels.
PROFESSIONAL WORK (recent)
- Orchestras: BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, London Concert Orchestra, London Philharmonic Orchestra, Manchester Concert Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Orchestras (Opera/Ballet): Opera North Orchestra.
- Chamber Orchestras: Psappha.
- Chamber Groups: Galliard Ensemble, Haffner Wind Ensemble.
Dov's orchestral work also includes BBC Philharmonia (Principal) and Mahler Chamber Orchestra (Sax)
Dov joined Morgensterns in August 2011
Dov's web profile was last updated 18th Apr 2015