Hannah's Orchestral bookings include …
BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Symphony Orchestra, Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra, London Mozart Players, London Philharmonic Orchestra, MULTI-STORY ORCHESTRA, Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, The Novello Orchestra.
- Orchestras (Opera/Ballet):
English National Ballet, English National Opera Orchestra.
- Chamber Orchestras:
Arensky Chamber Orchestra, Bath Philharmonia, Britten Sinfonia, London Contemporary Orchestra, Lontano, Milton Keynes City Orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia, St George's Chamber Orchestra.
- Chamber Groups:
Bristol Ensemble, Chamber Domaine.
An American in Paris.
- Education Work:
London Philharmonic Orchestra Education, London Symphony Orchestra Education / Discovery.
other items of interest …
- Academy of St Martin in the Fields (Extra List)
- Bath Philharmonic Orchestra
- BBC Phil (Extra list)
- BBC Symphony Orchestra (Extra List)
- Bergen Philharmonic (Principal Piccolo)
- Britten Sinfonia - Guest Principal
- Charities Philharmonia
- Faust Ensemble
- London Arts Orchestra
- London Contemporary Orchestra
- Longborough Festival Opera Orchestra
- Northern Ballet (Extra List)
- Northern Sinfonia
- Orpheus Sinfonia
- Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra (2nd Flute trial)
- Symphony Orchestra of India
Hannah's orchestral training includes:
- London Philharmonic Orchestra Future Firsts (2011)
- London Sinfonietta Academy (2011)
- BBC Symphony Orchestra - Sit ins (2010)
- London Symphony Orchestra Woodwind Academy (2007)
Hannah's education work includes:
- BBC Symphony Orchestra - BBC Proms Plus family event
- LPO 'FUNharmonics' - have a go instrument taster sessions
- LSO Teaching Experience - group classes in schools around Barbican, London
- Purcell School of Music - 'IMPULSE' outreach assistant
- Royal Albert Hall Eduction - 'Albert's Band' performer
- RCM Sparks - summer music course workshops alongside an RCM Opera production
- Sound and Music summer school working with young composers
Hannah's recordings includes:
- BBC Four broadcast - film about Gustav Holst with the RCM Symphony Orchestra
- Studio recording for the Boosey and Hawkes orchestral repertoire archive
Hannah's chamber work includes:
- Tunnell Trust
- Dartington International Summer School - resident ensemble with the Mercury Quartet
- Tour of Switzerland with the Mercury Quartet and Linda Hirst performing Pierrot Lunaire
- Kreisler Ensemble - contemporary group
- Curator of collaborative group 'Music Off Canvas' - winners of MBF Emerging Excellence Award 2012
- Recitals in the Wigmore Hall, Royal Albert Hall, Cheltenham Town Hall and NAtional Gallery
Hannah's solo work includes:
- BBC Proms Plus event - Examples of excerpts for a lecture
- Haydn Flute Concerto - London Soloists Chamber Orchestra
- Mozart Flute Concerto - Colne Philharmonic Orchestra
Hannah graduated in 2011 with first class honours from the Royal College of Music, London with a Postgraduate Diploma in Orchestral Specialism where she studied as a foundation scholar with professors Jaime Martin, Simon Channing, Katie Bedford and piccolo with Stewart McllWham. Throughout this time, Hannah was kindly supported by the Musicians Benevolent Trust and the Craxton Memorial Fund. Selection for the ERASMUS exchange programme also led Hannah to study with Abbie De Quant in the Conservatorium Van Amsterdam. In her younger years, Hannah attended the Purcell School and the Royal Academy of Music Junior Department and also played principal flute with the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain. Hannah was selected for a number of prestigious training schemes including the LPO 'Future Firsts' 2011-2012, London Symphony Orchestra Academy 2007 and London Sinfonietta Academy 2011. Hannah now enjoys working as a freelance musician across all sectors of the profession.
Hannah is an extra player with the London Philharmonic Orchestra, English National Opera, Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra, Northern Sinfonia, Britten Sinfonia, BBC Symphony Orchestra, Academy of St-Martin-In-The Fields, Symphony Orchestra of India and London Contemporary Orchestra.
Hannah is a member of ROSL- winning flute trio 'Tempest' and has performed chamber music and solo recitals in prestigious venues such as Wigmore Hall, Royal Festival Hall, a residency at the Dartington Festival, the National Gallery, St James's Church Piccadilly, Elgar Room of the Royal Albert Hall, Cheltenham Festival, V&A Museum, Buckingham Palace and the Institute for Contemporary Arts.
With a particular interest in collaborative arts, Hannah co-curated "Music Off Canvas", a group of musicians who create unique performances through collaboration with featured individual artists of various disciplines. In 2012 they received an MBF Emerging Excellence Award. As a dedicated teacher, Hannah is the 2nd study flute professor at the Purcell School of Music, a member of the Live Music Now Scheme and an artist of "Sound And Music" for young composers.
the Royal College of Music (MPerf, BMus, foundation scholar - 2010), and the Conservatorium Van Amsterdam ERASMUS Exchange.
Prizes and Awards
- MBF Postgraduate Award and Emerging Artist Award
- Craxton Memorial Trust
- Royal College of Music - Flute Prize (2008)
- Marlow Concerto Competition, Advanced Woodwind Class - 1st Prize (2006)
Jaime Martin, Katie Bedford, Simon Channing, Stewart Mcllwham, Abbie De Quant and Marieke Schneeman.
Hannah joined Morgensterns in February 2012
Hannah's web profile was last updated 8th Feb 2019