Orchestral bookings (since October 2012)
BBC Concert Orchestra, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, London Concert Orchestra, Norrkoping Symfoniorkester, RTE Concert Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Worthing Symphony Orchestra.
- Orchestras (Opera/Ballet):
English National Opera Orchestra, Royal Ballet Sinfonia.
- Chamber Orchestras:
City of Oxford Orchestra, Esprit Ensemble, Irish Chamber Orchestra, London Concertante, Milton Keynes City Orchestra, Orchestra of St John's.
Lion King, National Theatre Orchestra, Wicked.
London Telefilmonic Orchestra, Music Solutions Ltd.
Monica's orchestral work also includes
- English National Ballet- Principal
- English National Opera (trial)- Principal
- Glyndebourne Touring Opera
- Holland Park Opera- Principal
- Opera North
- Academy of St. Martin in the Fields-Principal
- City of London Sinfonia- Principal
- City of Oxford Orchestra- Principal
- European union Chamber Orchestra- Principal
- London Chamber Orchestra- Principal
- London Mozart Players - Principal
- Orchestra of St. John's-Principal
- Oxford Philomusica- Principal
Other past Orchestral work
- BBC Symphony Orchestra (trial)- Principal
- Bergen Philharmonic Orchestra, Norway-Principal
- Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra (trial)- Principal
- London Philhrmonic Orchestra- Principal
- London Symphony Orchestra
- Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (trial)- Principal
- Ulster Orchestra, piccolo- Principal
- Wren Orchestra of London- Principal
- Close to You: Sinatra and the Hollywood Quartet. Cadogan Hall, May 2015.
- Spectrum Ensemble London: innovative new wind ensemble.
- Worthing Symphony Orchestra: Bach B minor Suite 2014.
- Recitals with both The Allegri Quartet and The Tippett Quartet.
- Adderbury Ensemble
- Recitals at the South Bank, St James Piccadilly, BBC Broadcasting House and Fairfield Halls, London.
- Accord Music Ltd
- Bookers Creative Ltd
- Isobel Griffiths Ltd
- National Symphony Orchestra Ltd
- The Woman in White (Palace Theatre)- West End
- Ragtime (Piccadilly Theatre)- West End
- South Pacific (Royal National Theatre)- West End
- Peter Pan (Royal Festival Hall)- West End
- Carousel (Chichester Festival)
- Deputising work on: Mary Poppins, Carousel, Bombay Dreams, The King & I, Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables- all West End
Monica McCarron is a freelance orchestral flautist who has played guest principal with many of London's symphony and chamber orchestras. She has also been invited to trial for principal flute positions with the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, English National Opera, London Mozart Players and the Royal Ballet Sinfonia.
In recent years Monica has established a wider international platform and also enjoys playing guest principal flute with orchestras in Europe and Scandinavia. Her last recording with the Norrkoping Symphony Orchestra, Allan Pettersson's epic 9th Symphony conducted by Christian Lindberg, has just been awarded a Swedish Grammy.
- Guildhall School of Music & Drama: Post-Diploma Orchestral Training Course Scholar, Associate Course passed with Distinction. (1987-92)
- Royal College of Music: Junior Exhibitioner. (1985-87)
Prizes and Awards
- Lombard & Ulster All-Ireland 1st Prize for Woodwind
- Royal Orchestral Society Medal 1st Prize (concerto soloist)
- Jellinek Award 1st Prize (concerto soloist)
- GSM&D Concerto Prize (concerto soloist at the Barbican, London)
- GSM&D Needlemakers Prize for Woodwind
- GSM&D Flute Prize
- GSM&D Laurie Kennedy Memorial Prize
- Cripplegate Foundation Scholarship
Monica joined Morgensterns in August 1994
Monica's web profile was last updated 18th Oct 2017