Orchestral bookings (since February 2013)
BBC Concert Orchestra, BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, Bob Porter, English Philharmonia, London Philharmonic Orchestra, London Symphony Orchestra, Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra, New London Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Scottish National Orchestra, The Symphony Orchestra of India.
- Orchestras (Opera/Ballet):
English National Ballet, Opera North Orchestra, Scottish Ballet, Welsh National Opera Orchestra.
- Chamber Orchestras:
Aurora Orchestra, Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Northern Sinfonia.
- Education Work:
London Philharmonic Orchestra Education, London Symphony Orchestra Education / Discovery.
William's orchestral work also includes
- BBC Concert Orchestra (Principal Oboe Trial)
- Welsh National Opera (Sub-Principal Oboe Trial)
- London Symphony Orchestra (Guest Principal Oboe)
- English National Opera (Co-Principal Trial, 2011)
- Royal Scottish National Orchestra (Principal Oboe Trial, 2012)
- BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra (Co-Principal Oboe Trial, 2012)
- Symphony Orchestra of India (Guest Principal Oboe)
- English National Ballet (Guest Principal Oboe)
- English Chamber Orchestra (Guest Sub-Principal Oboe)
- Nash Ensemble (Guest Oboe)
- London Sinfonietta (Guest Principal Oboe)
- English Touring Opera (Guest Sub-Principal Oboe)
- New London Orchestra (Guest Oboe)
Education Work: LSO Discovery, NYO Band, New London Orchestra, LPO Education
- Young Musicians Symphony Orchestra
- European Union Symphony Orchestra
- Netherlands Youth Orchestra
- Britten-Pears Symphony Orchestra
- Royal College of Music Symphony / Chamber / Opera Orchestras
- LPO Foyles' Future Firsts
- London Sinfonietta Academy
- RCM Orchestral Pathway
- ENO Evolve Scheme
Will was born in Cambridge in 1986 and began learning the oboe aged 9. From the age of 15 he studied the oboe with Nicholas Daniel, and in 2005 was awarded a Foundation Scholarship to study at the Royal College of Music in London with Chris Cowie.
Having graduated in 2009 with one of the highest marks in his year, Will won several awards to continue his studies at the Royal College of Music where, supported by the Craxton Memorial Trust, Countess of Munster Trust, and the Arts and Humanities Research Council, he studied with Gareth Hulse, Chris Cowie and John Anderson.
Since graduating with distinction in 2011, Will has been a successful freelancer, gaining extensive experience with many of the UK's top orchestras and ensembles.
- Royal College of Music, BMus 2.i
- Royal College of Music, MPerf Distinction
Prizes and Awards
- Foundation Scholar, Royal College of Music
- Post-Graduate Scholar, Royal College of Music
- Craxton memorial Trust Award
- Countess of Munster Trust Award
- AHRC Award
Oboe - Chris Cowie, Gareth Hulse, John Anderson, Ian Hardwick. Cor Anglais - Jane Marshall, Christine Pendrill.
William joined Morgensterns in December 2010
William's web profile was last updated 10th Feb 2018