Orchestral bookings (since joining Morgensterns in November 2011)
Barcelona Symphony Orchestra.
- Orchestras (Opera/Ballet):
Winslow Hall Opera.
- Chamber Orchestras:
Ensemble Modern, London Arte Chamber Orchestra, London Musical Arts Orchestra (LMA Orchestra), Southbank Sinfonia.
- Festivals/Festival Orchestras:
Festival Lyrique de Belle-Ile en Mer, Impuls Academy Gratz.
Clara's orchestral work also includes
- City of London Sinfonia (2016: Trial for second Oboe and Cor Anglais player)
- Chipping Camden Music Festival
- European Union Chamber Orchestra (2016: Guest second Oboe player for future tour in April
- Ensemble Modern
- International Ensemble Modern Academy
- Orquesta Sinfonica de la Region de Murcia (Guest principal)
- Malta Philharmonic Orchestra (Guest 2nd oboe & cor anglais)
- Southbank Sinfonia
- Tenerife Symphony Orchestra (Guest player)
- Docklands Sinfonia
- "Encuentro de Musica y Academia" Music Festival of Satander
- Orion Orchestra
- Andalucían Youth Orchestra
- LPO Future Firsts Programme (reserve)
- Murcia Youth Orchestra
- Orchestral Academy from the City of Granada Orchestra
- Royal Academy Orchestra - working with Sir Colin Davis, Semyon Bychkov, Pablo Heras Casado and Nicholas Kok
- Southbank Sinfonia Side-by-side with BBC Concert Orchestra, Royal Opera House & Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields
Solo and Chamber Music Performances
- Vaughan Williams Oboe Concerto - St John's Waterloo
- Alborada Quintet
- Woodwind Quintet recital with the Sideris Quintet in Sala Maria Cristina, Malaga, Spain
- Oboe recital including Mozart, Manuel de Falla and Ponchielli at the Old Chapels, Somerset
- Oboe recital including Poulenc and Schumann in "Encuentro de Musica y Academia" Music Festival, Santander, Spain
- Chamber Music performances including Martinu Sextet (with Jaime Martin) and Harmonie Ensemble (with Alessandro Carbonare) as part of the "Encuentro de Musica y Academia" Music Festival, Spain
Clara has also played first oboe for the following pieces with Soutbank Sinfonia
- Principal Oboe in the recording of 'Surrender' of Ilona Domnich with Southbank Sinfonia and Leo Nucci (Signum Classics)
- Don Juan (BBC Concert Orchestra Side by Side, conducted by Keith Lockhart)
- The Silken Ladder (Royal Opera House Meet the Young Artists Programme)
- Pulcinella Suite
- Beethoven's 6th Symphony
- Scottish Symphony (conducted by Charles Hazlewood)
- Ma Mere l'Oye (conducted by John Wilson)
- Telemann Concerto for two oboes and three trumpets
Clara has recently performed in a number of projects with the Southbank Sinfonia, including side-by-side projects with the BBC Concert Orchestra, Royal Opera House and Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields. Clara also took part with them in the Tiber Sinfonia festival in Tuscany. She has been invited to participate in the Musiikin Aika (Time of Music) festival in Viitasaari (Finland) in July in a course with the Ensemble Modern and the guest composer Sir Harrison Birtwistle.
Clara has performed in several orchestras in Spain, including the the Youth Orchestra from Andalucía, conducted by Michael Thomas, the Youth Orchestra from Murcia, and the Orchestral Academy of the City of Granada Orchestra. She has recently been invited to be a member of the International Mahler Orchestra, and was a finalist with Alborada Winds at the 2015 Royal Overseas League Competition. Clara has also been a member of the Royal Academy Orchestra, having worked with conductors such as Sir Colin Davis, Sir Simon Rattle, Semyon Bychkov, Leif Segerstam, Nicholas Kok and Pablo Heras Casado.
In July 2010 Clara participed in "Encuentro de Musica y Academia" festival of Santander, receiving masterclasses from Hansjorg Schellenberger and performing solo, orchestra and chamber music with Alessandro Carbonare and Jaime Martin, among others.
Clara has been a member of the Sideris Wind Quintet since 2010. This has included performances in the UK and across Europe, and winning the children's workshop category at the OnWings! chamber music festival in Groningen (Netherlands).
Graduate studiesClara's BMus studies took place at "Conservatorio Superior de Musica de Murcia Manuel Massotti Littel", Murcia (Spain) studying with Francisco Jose Valero Castells (2004-2009). Clara studief for her MA at the Royal Academy of Music (London) studying with Celia Nicklin (2009-2011).
Prizes and Awards
- Entrance scholarship to Royal Academy of Music awarded by Santander
- Scholarship from the "Orquesta Ciudad de Granada" (2008) for having lessons from his principal soloist, Eduardo Martinez Caballer
- Very Highly Commended at the RAM Barbirolli Oboe Prize (2011)
- Special Jury Award in the OnWings! Chamber Music Competition in Groningen, Netherlands (2011)
- Finalist with Alborada Quintet at Royal Over-Seas League Music Competition (2015)
Celia Nicklin, Emanuel Abbühl, Jill Crowther and Eduardo Martínez Caballer.
Masterclasses: Between 2006 and 2010, Clara performed in masterclasses with Thomas Indermühle, Jonathan Kelly, Jacques Tys and Paul Dombrecht.
Clara joined Morgensterns in November 2011
Clara's web profile was last updated 27th Aug 2016