Orchestral bookings (since July 2012)
BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, BBC Symphony Orchestra, Bob Porter, Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, London Concert Orchestra, MULTI-STORY ORCHESTRA, Mozart Festival Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Ulster Orchestra.
- Chamber Orchestras:
Arensky Chamber Orchestra, Aurora Orchestra, City of London Sinfonia, Dmitri Ensemble, Ensemble Cymru, London Chamber Orchestra, London Contemporary Orchestra, London Musical Arts Orchestra (LMA Orchestra), London Sinfonietta, London Winds, Orchestra of St John's, Thames Sinfonia.
- Chamber Groups:
- Education Work:
City of London Sinfonia Education, Philharmonia Orchestra Education.
Jo's orchestral work also includes
- Halle Orchestra (guest princ, trial for 2nd)
- London Sinfonietta (2nd)
- Opera North (2nd)
- Orchestra of the Swan (2nd)
- Birmingham Royal Ballet (extra list)
- London Contemporary Orchestra (princ)
- Orion Symphony Orchestra (princ)
- London Philharmonic Orchestra Foyle Future Firsts Scheme
- London Sinfonietta Academy
- London Symphony Orchestra side by side scheme
- National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain - final year as principal
- LPO Education work
- "Funharmonics" sessions
- Workshops in special needs schools
- The Kandinsky Winds - education work in Primary Schools
Jo is a member of the Kandinsky Winds, a wind trio that is involved in frequent recitals and education work.
- Mozart's Bassoon Concerto
- Metropolitan Chamber Players, London
- JAMS Ensemble in Trinity College Chapel, Cambridge
- CitySide Sinfonia, London
- Gordon Jacob's Bassoon Concerto - Junior Academy Chamber Orchestra
Cambridge University (MA in Music) and the Royal Academy of Music (MA in bassoon performance - distinction).
Prizes and Awards
- Musicians' Benevolent Fund Award (2009)
- Janet Craxton Memorial Fund (2009)
- Florence Woodbridge Bassoon Prize (2009)
- Leverhulme Scholarship (2008 - 10)
- Countess of Munster Musical Trest Awards (2008 - 10)
John Orford, Gareth Newman, David Chatterton (contrabassoon), Julie Price & Pete Harrison.
Masterclasses: Marco Lugaresi, Roger Bernstingl, Julie Price, Meyrick Alexander & Graham Sheen.
Jo joined Morgensterns in September 2011
Jo's web profile was last updated 16th Jul 2017