Orchestral bookings (since joining Morgensterns in November 2014)
Academy of St Martin In The Fields, BBC Symphony Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra of London, Worthing Symphony Orchestra.
- Orchestras (Opera/Ballet):
English National Ballet.
- Chamber Orchestras:
Brandenburg Sinfonia, L'Orchestre du Monde, Orchestra Nova.
Tanya's orchestral work also includes
- Philharmonia Orchestra (trial tutti 1st violins)
- Halle Orchestra (trial Princ 2nd violin)
- English National Ballet (trial Princ no. 2 2nd violin & leading as required)
- Academy of St Martin in the Fields (1st violin)
- BBC Symphony Orchestra (trial 1st violin tutti)
- London Sinfonietta (1st and 2nd violin)
- Worthing Symphony Orchestra (co-leader)
- Presteigne Festival Orchestra (1st violin)
- Orchestra Nova (principle 2nd and 1st violin)
- l'Orchestre du Monde (2nd violin)
- London Concertante (2nd violin)
- Orchestra of St Paul's (2nd violin)
- Pete Long Orchestra for the music of David Arnold at the RFH (2nd violin)
- Brandenburg Sinfonia (2nd violin)
- Orchestra for the Mission Impossible 5: Taurus (1st violin)
- Orchestra for the International Horn Society Concerts (1st violin)
- Burt Bacharach Orchestra (tutti)
- Bushey Symphony Orchestra (co-leader)
- Southbank Sinfonia (2011, Leader and tutti)
Tanya's work as Leader includes
- Faust Ensemble
- London Gay Symphony Orchestra
- Melos Sinfonia
- North London Sinfonia
- Oltenia State Philharmonic Orchestra
- Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra of London
- Southbank Sinfonia
Tanya' recording/session work includes
- Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra of London (leader) works for Flute and Orchestra - Centaur Records USA
- Solo violin - 'Pandorica' Film
- Solo violin - Album 'Deliverence' by Culprate (Dubstep genre)
- Solo violin - Bach and Enescu for the Royal Academy of Music on the Viotti ex-Bruce Stradivarius
- Sainsbury Royal Academy Soloists (principal 2nd) Phil Chashian 'The House of the Night' for NMC Label
Tanya's orchestral training includes
- Britten-Pears Orchestra
- Concertmaster of the Lucerne Festival Academy Orchestra and Soloist with the Lucerne Festival Academy Tour Ensemble
- Leader of the London Sinfonietta Academy
- Leader of the Manon Ensembe
- Pacific Music Festival, Japan. Nominated by the Royal Academy of Music to represent them. Ensemble and orchestral work.
- Leader of the Academy Concert Orchestra, Ein Heldenleben by Strauss with Seymon Bychkov.
- Principal 2nd Violin of the Sainsbury Royal Academy Soloists (directed by Clio Gould)
- Pacific Music Festival, Japan. Nominated by the Royal Academy of Music to represent them there. Ensemble and orchestral work.
Tanya's Solo work includes
- Brahms Concerto with the Trinity Camerata, Oxfordshire.
- Recorded Bach and Enescu for the RAM on the Viotti ex-Bruce Stradivarius.
- Recorded Phil Chasian 'The House of the Night' for NMC Label.
- Soloist (performing Berio) on tour with the LFA Ensemble, Matthias Pintscher conducting.
- 'Viotti Day' talk & performance at the RAM (performing on the Viotti ex-Bruce Stradivarius).
- Tanya has also performed recitals at Chichester Festival, Clumbar Studio, Cromer Music Society, Gyorgy Pauk's 75th Anniversary Masterclass, New London Orchestra Young Performers Concert Series, Proms at St Judes, South Hill Parks Art Centre and Winchester Cathedral.
Tanya's Chamber work includes
- Christopher Hogwood Gresham Lecture-Recital Series (Messiaen Quartet).
- Concert with Peter Sheppard Skaerved TRANSIT: Pulp & Rags Dover Arts Development 'War & Peace', work by Nigel Clarke.
- Fellowship Concert at RAM celebrating 'Richard Strauss and his Contemporaries' (performing on the Maurin Stradivarius).
- Kings Place Series; Piano Quartet - Messiaen, Quartet for the end of Time.
- Leader of Manon Ensemble with Franck Ollu conducting.
- Leader of Manson Ensemble for Pierrot Lunaire Anniversary Concert
- Principal 2nd violin of Sainsbury Royal Academy Soloists Ensemble
Tanya held the prestigious Meaker Fellowship at the Royal Academy of Music for 2013/14, during which time she was given the incredible honour of preparing and performing on the Viotti Ex-Bruce 1709 Stradivarius, as well as recording Bach and Enescu on it for the RAM. Tanya was awarded the fellowship after receiving a Distinction for the Master of Arts in Violin Performance at the Academy, where she studied with Remus Azoitei. Her impressive final performance meant that she was also awarded a Diploma of the RAM and the Moir Carnegie Prize for an outstanding final recital.
During her Masters, Tanya was appointed Principal 2nd Violin of the Sainsbury Royal Academy Soloists (directed by Clio Gould) and held many principal positions in the RAM ensembles and orchestras, a highlight being Concertmaster for 'Ein Heldenleben' at the RAM conducted by Semyon Bychkov.
Since completing the MA, Tanya has been official leader of the Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra of London and LGSO, is in demand as a young and upcoming leader and soloist, as well as enjoying freelance work with professional orchestras and ensembles. In August 2014 Tanya was selected to be Concertmaster of the Lucerne Festival Academy Orchestra and soloist with the Lucerne Festival Academy Ensemble, working closely with Sir Simon Rattle and Matthias Pintscher.
Tanya has also just been selected as a Concordia Foundation Artist (April 2015). Future performances include the Brahms Violin Concerto with the LGSO (Sept 2015) , Manchester mid-day series solo recital at Bridgewater Hall (Jan 2016), 'Lark Ascending' in Romania with the Oltenia Philharmonic Orchestra, as well as guest leading them for the week (April 2016).
Graduate studiesThe Royal Academy of Music for a BMUs and MA in Violin Performance.
Prizes and Awards
- Diploma of the Royal Academy of Music for an exceptional final recital.
- Moir Carnegie Prize for final recital performance.
- Meaker Fellow of Solo Violin at the Royal Academy of Music.
- Royal Academy of Music Clumbar Studio Scholarship
- MBF Ian Fleming Award
- Anglo Jewish Association Karten Scholarship
- Sir Richard Stapely Educational Trust Scholarship
- Recommended Artist under Making Music's Phillip & Dorothy Green Award scheme for Young Concert Artists 2011/2012
- 'Music for Alice' bursary by Making Music
- Emanuel Hurwitz Philharmonia Orchestra/Martin Musical Scholarship Fund Award
- Countess of Munster Trust Award
- Anglo-Jewish Association 'Eskell Scholarship'
- St Marylebone Educational Foundation Grant
TeachersRemus Azoitei and Professor Hu Kun.
Tanya joined Morgensterns in November 2014
Tanya's web profile was last updated 6th Jun 2018