Orchestral bookings (since February 2013)
BBC Concert Orchestra, Chamber Orchestra Anglia, London Concert Orchestra, London Mozart Players, London Symphony Orchestra, Mozart Festival Orchestra, New London Orchestra, Philharmonia Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Senbla Concert Orchestra, Southern Sinfonia.
- Orchestras (Opera/Ballet):
Ballet Rambert, Classical Opera Company, Garsington Opera, Glyndebourne Touring Opera, Royal Ballet Sinfonia.
- Orchestras (Baroque/Classical):
Academy of Ancient Music, Gabrieli Consort, Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment, St James Baroque Players.
- Chamber Orchestras:
Aurora Orchestra, Bath Philharmonia, Britten Sinfonia, City of London Sinfonia, English Concert Orchestra, Isis Ensemble, London Chamber Orchestra, London Handel Orchestra, Marylebone Camerata, New London Sinfonia, Orchestra Nova, Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra, Reigate & Redhill Choral Society, Royal Northern Sinfonia.
- Chamber Groups:
Aurora Ensemble, Contemporary Consort.
National Theatre Orchestra.
- Education Work:
London Symphony Orchestra Education / Discovery.
Sarah's orchestral work also includes
Academy of St Martin-in-the-Fields, ENO, Royal Opera House Orchestra, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Brighton Philharmonic Orchestra, Minehead & Exmoor Festival Orchestra, Camerata of London, Cool Music.
Sarah has been working as a freelance clarinettist since 1998. She also plays bass clarinet, E flat clarinet and basset horn, as well as performing with period instrument ensembles. She directs the ensemble Contemporary Consort and is also a member of the Clarino Ensemble.
Sarah has performed concertos by Finzi, Weber, Mozart, Strauss, Copland, Debussy (with the Philharmonia) and Rossini (with the BBC Concert Orchestra). She has given recitals at the Purcell Room, St John's Smith Square, and Bridgewater Hall.
the Royal College Music (1992-98), Aspen Music School, Colorado (1998) and the Scuola Internazionale di Perfezionamento Musicale, Piacenza, Italy (1998-99).
Prizes and Awards
- Park Lane Group Young Artist
- British Clarinet & Saxophone Society Young Musician of the Year (1997)
- English Speaking Union Robert Mayer Scholarship for study in the USA (1998)
- Countess of Munster Trust Scholarship
- KPMG Martin Fund Scholarship
- Oxford Young Instrumentalist of the Year
- Fallows Memorial Prize (RCM)
- Constant & Kit Lambert Scholarship (RCM)
- Anthony Saltmarsh Award (RCM)
- Exhibition (RCM)
- Senior Exhibition (RCM)
- Mills Williams Junior Felowship (RCM)
- Blanche Dalmaine Junior Felowship (RCM)
- BBC Radio 2 Young Musician of the Year (finalist)
- Royal Over-seas League Woodwind Competition (finalist)
- South East Music Schemes Young Artists Platform (finalist)
- Yamaha Wind and Brass Scholarships (finalist)
Hans Deinzer, Michael Harris, Robert Hill, Andrew Marriner, Nicholas Bucknall, Theodore Oien (Eb), Richard West (Eb), Stephen Trier (bass & basset), Michael Harris (classical).
Masterclasses with Nicholas Cox, Sabine Meyer, Reiner Wehle.
Sarah joined Morgensterns in October 1998
Sarah's web profile was last updated 10th Feb 2018